Give your group an adventure to remember in Kentucky, where one-of-a-kind attractions and outdoor natural wonders will provide your crew the trip of a lifetime.
Where else can you tour the longest-known cave system in the world, zipline through one of the largest gorges on the East Coast, ride a scenic train along the river, and kayak to a massive waterfall known as the Niagara of the South?
And let’s not forget Kentucky is the world capital of horses and bourbon. Tour beautiful working farms and fascinating equine museums, then place your bet at the track. Learn how bourbon is made at iconic and upstart distilleries, then sample the results yourself.
Throughout the state’s lively cities and charming towns, your group will also be fascinated by the regional history, culture, and food they’ll experience along the way at award-winning museums, immersive historical sites, local restaurants, and a host of fun attractions.
All of this and more await in the Bluegrass State. Take a look at these awesome group experiences:
Tour some of the 400-plus miles of underground passages at Mammoth Cave National Park, home of the world’s longest cave system. Above ground, you’ll find wonderful opportunities for group hiking and biking, kayaking, ziplining, picnics, and more.
- Walk to the overlook or kayak right up to thundering Cumberland Falls, the second largest waterfall east of the Rocky Mountains at 125 feet wide and nearly 70 feet tall. Once a month, it’s also the site of a natural phenomenon called the “moonbow,” a rare lunar rainbow that appears over the falls during a full moon.
- Zipline through the treetops in Eastern Kentucky’s Red River Gorge … or over Hidden River Cave in Horse Cave … or underground at Louisville Mega Cavern, also home to the world’s only fully underground aerial ropes course.
- Step into the past at Abraham Lincoln’s birthplace in Hodgenville, at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill in Harrodsburg, at Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site, or along the Hatfield & McCoy Trail in Pikeville.
- Take an underground cave boat tour at Lost River Cave in Bowling Green, also home to the fascinating National Corvette Museum and a host of attractions.
- Enjoy a scenic train ride deep into the Big South Fork National Recreation Area past stunning scenery and a historical coal camp. The views? Unmatched!
- Get up close with animals from the Outback, like kangaroos and lorries, at Kentucky Down Under Adventure Zoo in Horse Cave.
- Hike the challenging Sheltowee Trail and explore wondrous waterfalls running through Daniel Boone National Forest, or go backcountry camping among nearly 5,000 beautiful acres at Beaver Creek Wilderness.
- Saddle up for a scenic horseback ride through Kentucky’s lush forests and trails.
- Tackle Eastern Kentucky University’s Challenge Course, which draws visitors for some of the world’s top competitions.
- Do all the things in Louisville at Kentucky Kingdom theme park and the Louisville Zoo, Louisville Science Center, Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, and the Muhammed Ali Center.
- Tour the massive life-size Ark Encounter in Williamstown or the fascinating Newport Aquarium in Northern Kentucky.
This is Kentucky—come see for yourself. Let us help you plan a group trip to remember!
Top photo: Cumberland Falls
Photos by Kentucky Department of Tourism