Give your group an adventure to remember in Kentucky, where one-of-a-kind attractions, natural wonders, and world-class events will provide your crew the trip of a lifetime!
Where else can you explore the longest-known cave system in the world, tour the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln, ride a scenic train along the river, and learn about racetrack legends at the Kentucky Derby Museum?
Let’s not forget Kentucky is the world capital of horses and bourbon. Tour beautiful working farms and fascinating equine museums, then place your bet at the track. Learn how bourbon is made at iconic and craft distilleries, then sample the results yourself.
Throughout the state’s lively cities and charming towns, your group will also be fascinated by the regional history, culture, and food they’ll experience along the way at award-winning museums, immersive historical sites, and local restaurants.
All of this and more await in the Bluegrass State. Just take a look at some of these awesome group experiences:
• Discover 150 years of Kentucky Derby history at the Kentucky Derby Museum. Learn all about past champions, jockeys, and the legacy of the “most exciting two minutes in sports” through two floors of interactive exhibits. You can even take a guided tour of the historical Churchill Downs racetrack.
• Cruise the Ohio River with BB Riverboats in Newport. Book your sightseeing tour for scenic views of the river and the Cincinnati skyline. Tailor your experience to your style by choosing one of BB Riverboats’ themed adventures, from history and music tours to sunset and night adventures and dining cruises.
• Visit My Old Kentucky Home in Bardstown for a true Southern culinary experience! Guests are invited into the carriage house to learn how to make a Southern ham biscuit. Your guide will teach you how to make beaten biscuits paired with smokehouse ham, butter, and jam.
• Step back into the past at Abraham Lincoln’s birthplace in Hodgenville, at Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill in Harrodsburg, at Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site in Perryville, or along the Hatfield & McCoy Trail in Pikeville.
• Take an underground cave boat tour at Lost River Cave in Bowling Green, also home to the fascinating National Corvette Museum and a host of other attractions.
• Enjoy a scenic train ride deep into the Big South Fork National Recreation Area past stunning scenery and a historical coal camp. The views? Unmatched!
• Tour a life-sized replica of Noah’s Ark at the Ark Encounter in Williamstown. You’ll find three decks of exhibits and experiences.
• Book the Penguin and Shark Breakfast for the ultimate Newport Aquarium experience. On this tour, your group will get private access to the aquarium as well as a buffet breakfast inside Sharky’s Café, an exclusive biologist presentation, and early admission to the aquarium’s exhibits.
• Discover the legacy of “The Greatest” at the Muhammad Ali Center in Louisville. See how this larger-than-life figure impacted much more than the world of sports through a collection of immersive exhibits.
• Experience Kentucky horse culture firsthand by visiting a local horse farm. You might even meet a former champion race horse!
• Listen to the music of Kentucky at the Bluegrass Music Museum and Hall of Fame in Owensboro. Learn about the state’s storied musical heritage and Kentucky music icons as you browse interactive displays, stage costumes, concert posters, instruments, and more.
• Tour the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory to learn the history behind the bat used in the big leagues. With factory tours, the museum gallery, the Bat Vault, and fascinating exhibits, you’ll discover the whole story of this American pastime and Louisville Slugger’s iconic place within it.
• And don’t forget about upcoming Kentucky events and festivals, from the Great American Brass Band Festival and ROMP Music Festival to the Kentucky Derby, AQS Quilt Week, and more.
This is Kentucky—come see for yourself. Let us help you plan a group trip to remember!
Group Travel contact:
Photos provided by Kentucky Department of Tourism
Top photo: Lost River Cave