The National Tour Association is working hard to elevate the travel industry by providing research, education, advocacy, marketing, and networking opportunities. Most important though, we help businesses like yours to connect with other members—all day, every day.
NTA’s buyers (tour operators and travel agents) package and sell tours to places all around the world.
- NTA has buyer members in more than 30 countries across the globe
- More than 500 of those companies offer tours in the U.S. and Canada
- More than 300 offer tours to destinations beyond North America
Our buyers learn. They teach. They reach out. They buy and sell. They profit from partnerships, and they share the wealth.
- 17 million travelers a year choose NTA tour operators and travel agents.
- 92% of NTA contacts are the decision-makers for their companies.
- 42 is the average number of years of experience NTA operators have in the industry.
- $8 billion is the annual sales NTA buyers reported collectively.
NTA's tour operator business is varied:
- 99% offer multi-day packages
- 89% offer customized tours
- 72% conduct scheduled departures
- 67% have single-day excursions
- 51% package FIT/independent travel
- 38% are receptive operators
- 27% offers receptive services
Markets include adventure, agritourism, cruises, culinary, ecotours, events, faith-based, family, gaming, LGBTQ, Hispanic, history, incentive, luxury, national parks, performance, sports, student, and voluntourism.
Percent of tour operators packaging by age group:
- 63% 18 and younger
- 58% age 19-24
- 65% age 25-35
- 79% age 36-50
- 90% age 51-64
- 87% age 65+
Our publications carefully cater to these audiences. We're experts in the travel industry. Check out our magazine Courier, our website ntacourier.com, our faith-based publication Routes of Faith, and our Digital Media.
For more information contact us.